Leader in Type 4 composite technology
The core of our clean fuel solutions
With six decades of experience, we have pioneered the use of Type 4 composite technology in clean fuel solutions.
Our TUFFSHELL® all-composite Type 4 cylinders are simply the best combination of safety, efficiency, and durability available in the market. They are 30% of the weight of steel, improving vehicle range, payload, handling and reducing fuel consumption.
decades of experience
- High pressure carbon fiber reinforced plastic structure over an internal liner made of gas-tight, polyethylene plastic.
- 70% lighter than Type 1,2, and 3.
- Light weight reduces transport and work costs.
- Plastic liner resistant to fatigue and corrosion.
- Application on wide range of commercial vehicles, including transit and coach buses, heavy goods vehicles, concrete mixers, and delivery trucks
Hexagon Agility’s Rigorous Testing
All our cylinders undergo extensive tests, including those required for certification and additional tests designed by Hexagon Agility to ensure durability and safety over the long haul.
- Designed, manufactured, tested, and qualified according to the requirements of the U.S. Department of Transportation (US DOT), National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 304, Compressed Natural Gas Fuel Container Integrity
- Meet the requirements of ANSI/NGV 2 (2007), Basic Requirements for Compressed Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) Fuel Containers
- Our cylinders exported globally meet ISO 11439, ECE R110, India CCOE, ADR/TPED, Russian GOST, Korean KGSC, and many other national standards